- Make sure you've installed Oracle Client first
- Open Visual Studio .NET and choose in design view
- Click Toolbox, Data, and drag SqlDataSource.
- Choose Configure Data Source
- And then New Connection
- Change Data Source into Oracle Database
- Enter Server Name with your database name
- Don't forget to fill Username and Password
- To check whether connection successfull or not, click button Test Connection.
- If you see information message box: "Test connection succeeded", it means that you're successfully connected to Oracle and ready to work.
- Then click Next
- Configure the Select Statement. Select table name or view you wanna show and also some columns too. There're some options like Where, Order by, and Advanced
- Click Next and Test Query if you wanna check whether it works well or not.
- Ready to work!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
ASP .NET to Oracle? Try this...
Here's the algorithm:
Posted by Stu at 7:48 AM